Emergent runs on Google Workspace and shares files with clients via Google Drive (we are licensed for Google Enterprise). All our Google services are hosted in Australian data centres for privacy and security reasons.
To ensure data security, we only share files with work email addresses (it’s difficult to enforce data security if all manner of private email addresses are used). It’s important that our clients initially set up a free Google account using their work email address.
To set up a free Google account with your work email address, follow the steps below:
- Go to the Google Account sign up (click this link) page.
- Click the Create account button.
- Enter your name.
- Click Use my current email address instead.
- Enter your current email address.
- Click the Next button.
- Verify your email address with the code sent to your existing email. An email will be sent with a link and potentially a code.
- Click the Verify button.
- Once your Google account is setup, please notify the relevant Emergent team member and they will ensure you have access to the appropriate folders and files.
Note: Protect your account with recovery info – If you forget your password or someone is using your account without your permission, updated recovery info makes it much more likely you’ll get your account back.
(Attribution: The information above was adapted from Google help documentation located here.)